Body Moles: Izzie’s – Body Moles – @ mainstore
Eyes: Izzie’s – Whiskey Eyes (lights) – @ mainstore
Hair: Sn@tch – Sasha Hair – @ mainstore **NEW**
Hairbase: Just Magnetized – Hair Base 16 – @ mainstore
Jewelry: Cae – Solitaire Basics Collection – @ mainstore
Dress: Sn@tch – Claire Ruffled Floral Mini Dress – @ mainstore **NEW**
Shoes: Sn@tch – Tiffany Clear Booties – @ mainstore **NEW**
Nails: E.Marie – Sweet Spring Coffin Nails – @ mainstore
Background: Foxcity – You Are Enough (July VIP Group Gift) – @ mainstore **NEW**
Pose: made by me using Anypose
- Past Powder Packs are not released publicly but can be purchased on the marketplace here or in world here.
- The Sasha Hair by Sn@tch is a super cute, high ponytail that shows your playful side. The color option I am wearing in the picture is from the Mermaid color HUD, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite color HUDs for her hairs. I found that it looks best (in my opinion) when worn with a hair base for a more realistic look, but still fits great & looks good even without one 🙂
- The Claire Ruffled Floral Mini Dress is a short, flirty dress that is a must have for your summer wardrobe. It comes in 26 colors & 13 sizes. And ladies, when I say it is “short”, believe me…it is! So for those of you modest girls, make sure you cover your bits hehe. I suggest & love the Alpha Panties by BelzeBubble. It’s a simple style of pantie, but what’s awesome about them is that you are able to alpha out multiple different parts of the straps that go around your body so that they can be worn with virtually any skirt or dress you own, all while keeping your bits covered! It comes as a fatpack with multiple color options so you can be sure to find a match to your outfit. You can find them here on marketplace.
- The Tiffany Clear Booties are so much fun to play with. I know that probably sounds weird, but there are so many color options you can get out of these shoes, it’s insane! They come in 26 colors (which perfectly match the ruffled dress colors) & 3 sizes. The preset colors from the HUD change the heel & laces color, and the main part of the shoe is a white clear texture. Here’s where you can get even more color options…if you edit the shoes, select face & click on the white clear area of the heel, you can retint that! Retint it to match the heels, or your outfit, or just whatever you feel like making it. I love this option!
- The background is this month’s group gift from Foxcity. If you love taking pictures in SL, then I think joining Foxcity’s group is one of the best groups to join. Satomi makes sure to release something every month for the members. Group gifts can be photo booth backgrounds like this, poses, even projectors. Something kind of awesome that she does is that past group gifts are still out & available for new members. The cost to join the group is L$550 currently, but it is definitely worth it!
I really loved this months group gift from Foxcity. Some might see it as a simple photo booth backdrop, but it was the message on it that really melted my heart and ties into why I had to use it for this photo. You.Are.Enough.
This is a message I think I needed to hear, and I think we all need to hear it. We all have our self doubts, those voices in our heads that say “You’re not good enough”, “You’re not pretty enough”, “You’re not….(something) enough”. As if it’s not bad enough that we have our own inner voices telling us this on a daily basis, some of us even have people in our lives that tell us this too. Our family members, our friends, our significant others, our jobs. It seems like people are so quick to be critical of themselves and other people, but what we need is for people to be more supportive and kind. Firstly to ourselves, but also to the people in our lives, even strangers.
I have only been blogging for Sn@tch for a few weeks now. I’ve never personally met the designer Ivey Deschanel, but she is incredibly thoughtful and sweet. How do I know this? With each of her releases she sends out to the blogger group, she includes something uplifting in her notecards to us. I hope I don’t upset her for doing this, but here’s an example from this weeks notecard:
If you’re going through a tough time right now in SL or RL, remember….after Pandora’s box was opened and all the evils were loosed on the world…there was one thing left in the bottom of the box…HOPE. Hang in there. I’m rooting for you! Love Yourselves & Please be sweet to each other!
And every release with a notecard has something similar on it. So that’s how I know she must be a truly genuine and kind person. And that’s why I feel so thankful to be a part of the blogging team for her. Not just because I love her creations, but because of the kind of person she seems to be. We have all heard horror stories of some of the egos that a few of the SL designers have, or how difficult and even mean some of them can be to work with. I don’t feel comfortable supporting them, and I won’t. So Ivey, if you happen to read this…thank you for being you! Thank you for being kind to us and giving us thoughtful, uplifting messages and support. It doesn’t go unnoticed and we appreciate it more than you will ever know!
Saying something kind and thoughtful seems like such a simple thing, yet it’s rarely done. Why is that? I know personally I’ve bit my tongue from saying something kind to a stranger just because I was afraid of sounding like a weirdo. Like take for example, the other day I was at a drive thru at Wendy’s. The lady that took my order was super nice and just had the nicest voice. I don’t know what it was about it, it was just a pleasant voice. When I pulled up to pay, I was on the verge of blurting out “I just wanted to say you have such a nice voice and you are so friendly!” I mean, if I were in her shoes working at the drive thru, I’d probably not be the friendliest person! lol (Little FYI, my very first job was actually working at McDonald’s in the drive thru haha) But I stopped myself from saying it because I was afraid she’d think I was weird, maybe she’d think I was hitting on her. But you know what…I bet if I had just said it, she wouldn’t have thought I was weird at all. It might have made her day! I know I have at times received the rare, out of the blue compliment from someone, and it stayed in my head all day! It uplifted my spirits, those inner voices telling me all the negative stuff were much quieter, and I smiled more. It literally took 5 seconds for that person to say something kind to me, yet it had a profound affect on me for like 24 hours! Words can be so powerful!
So for those of you that don’t know me well, I am a bit of a gaming addict. I love trying out new games, playing old classics, you name it. I subscribe to a thing called Humble Monthly. It’s kind of a blind subscription box for a gaming nerd. On the 5th day of each month you receive a trove of new games to download and keep. There’s usually 1-2 big titles, with a few smaller indie, lesser known games and even some Humble original games from time to time. Don’t quote me on this, but I think the subscription fee is about $12/month. The retail value of the games each month is usually anywhere from $60-$150. So even if you only like 1 or 2 games, it’s still a pretty good deal if you’re a gaming fanatic. If you’re interested in more info, follow this link.
Why am I telling you about this? Because it ties into everything. I promise!! This months bundle included one of their Humble originals. It’s called Kind Words. It’s a very simple game. Well, it’s not really a “game” exactly in the normal sense of what a game is. You log into it and follow the quick little postmaster deer that you meet, and you’re quickly ready to go. The premise of the game is you post messages anonymously (your posts are simply signed with the first initial of the name you give yourself) and people are able to respond to you with uplifting messages or as the game is called…kind words. So for instance I could post something like “Feeling really overwhelmed this week with work, I’m not sure how I’m going to make it through! – S” and people would see my post and respond with encouraging messages. They can also send you little stickers that you can decorate your little room you’re given with. In turn, you can also read other people’s posts and send them words of encouragement, answers to questions, etc. and give them stickers as well. It’s such a simple concept, but I’m quickly getting addicted to checking it a couple times a day. Like I said…words are powerful people!
So to end my long rambling about all of this, I just want to tell you…yes you, the one reading this…that you are wonderful! You are enough! ♥